AMIS is committed to assist mining companies and mineral laboratories around the globe monitor laboratory performance by developing, producing and supplying a range of quality Matrix Reference Materials.
- Sales from the AMIS shop
- Making CRM's for customers from their own ores.
- The AMIS Interlaboratory Testing Scheme (AITS).
SALES FROM THE AMIS SHOP
- Customers needing CRM’s to monitor laboratory quality may purchase them directly from the AMIS online store at www.amis.co.za.
- AMIS’s products are Matrix CRM’s; each made out of a different ore and characterised for the economic elements, deleterious elements, major and trace elements and specific gravity.
- The AMIS inventory includes a wide range of Sales CRM’s matching most metallic ore types (non-ferrous and ferrous).
- AMIS CRM’s have been tested by international round robins involving 20 to 30 reputable laboratories and have been certificated by an independent geochemist.
MAKING CRM’S FOR CUSTOMERS FROM THEIR OWN ORES
- The use of closely matched CRM’s has been shown to improve laboratory quality control and lower overall assay costs. It is established best practice on many mines to have a custom CRM for every type of sample sent to the assay laboratory and not unusual for a company to commission 5 to10 (or more) different CRM’s for a single deposit type or even a single mine. These CRM’s will cover different grades, ore types, concentrates, residues and shipping materials.
- Should a client need a custom CRM made to closely match their own ore or product, AMIS will make it. This is a very good option if the client can’t find closely matching off the shelf CRM’s.
- AMIS has the capability to handle batch sizes from 0.5 to 5.0 tonnes.
- Shipments of raw material can be accepted from any part of the world. The shipping cost per kg becomes insignificant with large shipments.
- AMIS CRM’s are made according to ISO 17034 (for Reference Material Producers) and AMIS is ISO17034 accredited.
- AMIS is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Producer.
THE AMIS INTERLABORATORY TESTING SERVICE
- AMIS runs 50 or more Interlaboratory Testing Schemes each year; one for each CRM round robin. These proficiency testing (PT) schemes are used by participating laboratories for their ISO17025 accreditation, for continuous laboratory improvement and to be able to assess their performance against global peers.
- Participating laboratories receive confidential feedback in the form of alerts and Proficiency Reports.
- The AMIS PT schemes are designed and run according to ISO 17043 requirements (for PT schemes).
- As such AMIS is an ISO 17043 PT Scheme Provide
- Participation by mineral laboratories in the AMIS PT schemes is by both application and invitation.
- AMIS is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified company.
- The first AMIS Reference Material was certified on 15 April 2005.
- Since inception AMIS has certified almost 600 RM’s and CRM’s.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We stock, for the mining industry, one of the biggest ranges of CRM's in the world. We provide full and complete information and data on our certificates. Economic, deleterious and major elements are characterised, often by multiple analytical methods. Individual assay results, if not published on the certificates is available on request if customers wish to do additional stats. We also publish statistics for the uneconomic trace elements. Our reference materials are tested by many laboratories in different countries and are certified by an independent geochemist.
- Independent, unbiased statistics
- Ethical practices
- Exceptional technical capabilities
- Outstanding service levels
ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFIED COMPANY
African Mineral Standards (AMIS) is a leading manufacturer for the global market of "matrix matched, multi-element, Certified Reference Materials" and has a long history of manufacturing products of the highest quality for the testing industry; an industry for which quality is of the utmost importance.
The AMiS Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2015 Certified.
What is ISO?
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is a network of the national standards institutes of 164 countries. ISO sets rigorous standards for business, government and industry.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is a validated quality standard. It is the most widely utilized standard throughout the world for quality management systems. ISO 9001:2015 is applicable to any manufacturing and service organisation providing a framework for system development that focuses on the customer, quality system performance and ongoing improvement. Created by the International Organisation for Standardization, ISO 9001:2015 is based on the eight quality management principles: customer focus, leadership, involvement of people, process approach, system approach to management, continual improvement, fact based decision-making and mutually beneficial supplier relationships. When fully adopted, these principles have been proven to enhance organisational performance in providing quality products and services to customers.
Certification for African Mineral Standards
The AMiS Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 certificate number iby TÜV Rheinland South Africa under the scope: A producer and global supplier of matrix-matched Certified Reference Materials; for the mining, exploration and geochemical laboratory industries.
Our ISO 9001:2015 certificate is available for downloading here
For questions regarding this certification, please contact Melesha Gopi at +27 11 923 0800
CODE OF CONDUCT
We will continue to provide outstanding products and problem-solving solutions by building partnerships with our customers and maintaining a culture of excellence in customer service. We continue to create an environment for shared success, generating consistent growth and opportunities for our customers, shareholders and staff.
We strive to uphold our corporate values of exemplary corporate citizenship, employment of exceptional people, world-class quality standards, superior customer service, financial performance and accountability.
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) is a form of Economic Empowerment initiated by the South African government. The "Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act (53/2003): Codes of Good Practice on Black Economic Empowerment" was gazetted on 9 February 2007 in the government gazette 29617. Companies in South Africa that deal with the government or parastatals must be empowered as required by the Preferential Procurement Act. In return, these companies require their suppliers to be empowered to improve their rating at government. Thus Broad-Based Empowerment is driven down the supply chain.
AMIS's BBBEE Certificate (PDF). Download